Skip to main content

New Student Registration

Bulloch County Schools
How to register for school


All registration is done at the school site.

Students are assigned to a school by their custodial parent/legal guardian's residence address.  Registration must be done at the attendance area school beginning July 14, 2005.  Please contact the school for further information.

All students must be enrolled by a custodial parent or legal guardian.  No exceptions will be made.


1)     Parents/guardians registering the students must establish their identity by producing a valid driver’s license, or a picture ID.  Legal parental/guardianship is established by providing one of the documents listed below:

a)     Birth certificate – Must show name of parent(s),

b)      Custody documents,

c)      Magistrate court documents indicating custody, and/or

d)     Power-of-attorney documents (military or civilian)

e)     Letter of placement from DFACS.

2)     Residency is established by providing two (2) items from the specified list below:

a)     Current month utility bill or document verifying utility services established for primary residence;

b)      Current phone or water bill;

c)      Current month lease agreement or home purchase agreement;

d)     Previous year or most recent tax return;

e)     Current year Department of Family & Children Services Documents;

f)       Current weekly or monthly paycheck stub.

3) You must also bring a certified copy of the child's birth certificate, social security card, and certificate of immunization record (Form 3231), and EED (eye, ear and dental - if coming from another state).   This will be needed when completing the registration process at the school.


Parents/guardians of students may request a transfer under the following situations:

1)     Students  whoare the children of full-time employees of a specific school may attend that school and follow the feeder school pattern as long as the parents are full-time employees in that feeder pattern.

 2)  Parent/guardian who changes residency during the school term and wishes for the student to complete the year at the current school, but the student must move into  their new attendance zone at the beginning of the new school year.

3)     Student requiring academic services which are not available in the designated area school.

4) Medical conditions that create hardship/and verified by a medical affidavit.

5) Guidelines for "School Choice" under No Child Left Behind for school identified as "Needs Improvement" will be mailed to every parent in such an identified school.   Parents/guardians will be given a time frame of opportunity in which to respond and request that their child attend another school (See Title 1- School Choice and Supplemental Service Regulations (NCLB-No Child Left Behind)

Parents/guardians may apply for transfer through the Bulloch County Board of Education Central Office locates at 150 Williams Road.

Please contact Teresa Beasley, Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Superintendent for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning , at 764-1617.